Monday, August 30, 2010

I Did The Right Thing

I do my usual four mile run, ending up at work. I thought it was going quite well until protégé drew up alongside me on his mountain bike and told me I was only doing eight minute miles. Hmmm. Perhaps I shouldn’t have deleted the email offering me Ellie Goulding’s selection of tracks to run to. Then again, no, I did the right thing.

I read on the internet the other day a review of the inaugural Two Inns race from Creggan Inn to Clachaig Inn, Glencoe. Only thirty seven runners took part. The race covers 24km and 1770m of ascent taking in the Corbett Fraochaidh before heading for Sgorr a' Choise. I assume they are a couple of evil looking mountains.

And you know what, there wasn’t a free pint at the end. Was there a T-shirt? Don’t think so. Not even a mug. We've noticed that the tougher the race, the lesser the pressie. The people who do these races are probably so tough that they would spit at a t-shirt. I think that the form it that you just compare injuries in the pub afterwards or sit and tell mountain rescue about it all when they have to come and find you.

L is swim training for this weekend’s Windermere swim and takes Son with her again. So it wasn’t just a one off. If he’s not careful he’ll end up getting fit.

Squash, is a bit of a cliff-hanger and I don’t often say that. Leading 2-1 I eventually lose 3-2. I feel a bit like Derby County... throwing away a lead like that. Overall though a pleasing performance. Hmmm, I sound like Derby’s manager now.

My opponent blames it on being a bit tired from golf yesterday... I’m sure his weekend wasn’t as busy as mine.

(Tuesday 31st August)

No comments:

Post a Comment