Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Who's Counting?

With only 25 days to go to the Nottingham Half Marathon, but hey, whose counting, I have a mangled toe nail and an accompanying limp. L gives me some foam padding for my toes so that I can still manage my intended four mile run to work. In the end I don’t use it; I use the grin and bear it technique instead.

The run was hard but then I expected it to be. I needed to run on tired legs. That was kind of the point really. It didn’t help though that my audiobook ran out only five minutes in. The story stopped a bit sudden, leaving nothing tidied up. It makes you want to start the next book straight away and I didn’t really want to do that. At least we can go and see the film now. This is ‘The Girl Who Played With Fire’ I’m talking about.



I get an email from Summer Sundae asking what my festival highlight was. That’s easy. Nice one Gareth Campesinos!



Another festival success, The Fall, inspire L to go in search of their latest album in Fopp. Unfortunately when she looked for it in the obviously place, under ‘F’, it wasn’t there. She discovered a ‘Festivals’ section which had a ‘Summer Sundae’ subsection but no, not there either. An assistant eventually pointed her to the ‘Retro’ section... Bizarre. I have no idea why shops have to sectionalise things. Does anybody understand these sections? Probably not. Alphabetical order only please. It’s no wonder people buy off the net and record shops are closing.

I meet up with some old school friends after work and desperately try to get some stimulating gossip for L but my friends just haven’t done anything exciting. Certainly nothing worth gossiping about. Though we do end up talking about dead school friends. We can name four from our year and that's just the ones we know about. Scary.

(Wednesday 18th August)

No comments:

Post a Comment