Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Outside Assistance

Who was that footballer who tripped over his dog? Wasn’t it Liam Lawrence of Stoke City? He didn’t get any sympathy. I’m not getting any either after falling over MD last night at dog training. The ankle is still sore and swollen this morning but still I bravely/stupidly cycled in. I wouldn’t have been able to run far on it I’m sure but cycling isn’t load bearing. It seemed ok. Well, until I came to unclip my shoes from the pedals at the traffic lights, which involves a sideways twist of the foot... which hurt.

The actual cycling was fine, didn’t even feel I needed any outside assistance... someone somewhere has alleged that Fabian Cancellara has been racing using a bike with an electric motor... I know cycling has had its problems with corruption but I honestly can’t see how that would be possible.

I suppose if I was really worried about my ankle I wouldn’t have cycled, I also probably wouldn’t put MD through his paces in the garden and I certainly wouldn’t have played squash. It’s a good test though. Forty minutes of squash is probably still less punishing than a half marathon and I even win a game. So all good there.

No comments:

Post a Comment