Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Cow Is Just A Cow

I cycle again. Why does passing a field of cows make me think of Wayne Rooney...

'Sometimes you look in a field and you see a cow and you think it's a better cow than the one you've got in the field'

No Alex, it’s just a cow. Did you hear that Cantona-esk waffle from Alex Ferguson comparing his star striker to a cow? After which bizarrely he signed a new contract.

Someone drafts me all the way home. I’m not happy about that. When we pull up at the lights he stops right behind me but won’t look me in the eye. I suppose if he did I’d poke him in it.

Daughter is out, so no personal statement tonight. So quality time with L instead, who’s still being very insistent about Reading. Maybe she’ll resort to dirty tricks to persuade me.

She’s also mentioned the midnight half marathon in Brighton. That could be interesting. L would find it hard to whinge about getting out of bed for that one but the race preparation would be so difficult. Do you sleep before or after the race? When do you eat? And when do you hit the pub? Nightmare.



(Wednesday 27th October)

No comments:

Post a Comment