Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Semi Colons

It took a gentle kick yesterday; it takes more of a body slam this morning to get L moving. She does fade as the week goes on. Although come to think of it, she isn’t very good on Mondays either.

L’s not so secretly plotting my next film. There are two films due out soon, both based on books that she’s read, brilliant ones or so she says, but she can't decide which one I'll hate the most. Apparently when I dislike a film I write a much more entertaining review. That’s despite the fact I still get the usual critique from her about my use or rather lack of use of semi colons. This is unwarranted, both the criticism and usually the semi colons. Who needs a semi colon when you can have a full stop? Anyhow, I don’t see a potentially entertaining review being a sufficient reason to take me to more awful films.

As I was looking something up about itunes on the internet today, I came across an article by someone who was moaning about the petty restrictions in the licence agreement. I just had to check to see whether they were correct, and yes they were.

You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.

(Quoted from the itunes licence agreement)

Yes folks, you cannot use itunes to manufacture missiles or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. Damn. So what are we supposed to use instead? More to the point, what feature of itunes enables you to do this? My searches so far on google haven’t been very helpful.



As I head off to dog class, L tells me to make the little fatso work hard. The poor mite, now L is been less than complimentary about him. Daughter never has been; she’s been calling him fatso since day one. I promise to try and give him a good work out. Doggo too could do with shedding a bit of his podginess. Then whilst I attempt to trim down the chubby ones, L goes off on a cycle. I text her to say ‘enjoy it’ and promptly get told off for putting the words ‘enjoy’ and ‘bike’ in the same sentence. It’s lucky I didn’t throw a random semi colon in there as well.

1 comment: