Monday, September 20, 2010

Old Dog, New Tricks

MD has slotted effortlessly back into his usual routine after his weekend away and heads out on his morning walk determined to reassert his authority on the neighbourhood. So much so that L threatens to leave him at home tomorrow.

On Tuesdays I usually do the weekly food shop during my lunch break. Today L adds washing powder to the list, nothing unusual in that except that this time it’s for Son to take to Uni with him. Son... wash powder... somehow those words don’t seem to fit together.

I get home and take the boys to their last Tuesday dog training session before they get a winter break, from Tuesdays at least.

As I load up the car with their stuff and then go back for the boys themselves, Doggo is stood behind me. Despite the fact that I’d shut him in behind the dog gate. That’s one of MD tricks. They say you can’t teach an old dog new tricks or can you? MD seems to have taught Doggo how to open our dog gate. He’s such a bad influence that one.

(Tuesday 21st September)

No comments:

Post a Comment